Las Vegas is a city that has something for everyone. From the bright lights of the Strip to the natural beauty of Red Rock Canyon, Las Vegas offers an unforgettable experience. Whether you’re looking for a weekend getaway or just want to hit up some casinos and shows, there’s plenty to explore in this vibrant destination. Here are some of our top picks for best places to visit when traveling to Las Vegas:
1) The Strip – No trip is complete without taking in all that The Strip has offer! This iconic stretch of road features world-famous hotels and resorts like MGM Grand, Bellagio, Caesars Palace and more. You can also find great shopping opportunities at Miracle Mile Shops or take part in thrilling activities like zip lining across Fremont Street Experience’s Viva Vision light show canopy!
2) Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area – Take time out from your busy schedule on The Strip by exploring nature at its finest with a visit to Red Rock Canyon NCA! Located only 17 miles outside downtown Las Vegas near Summerlin Parkway/SR 159 exit 12A off I-215 West Beltway), this scenic place offers numerous hiking trails ranging from easy strolls around Willow Springs picnic area (with its breathtaking views!) To more challenging treks up Turtlehead Peak Trail where you can witness spectacular rock formations along with desert wildlife such as bighorn sheep & lizards!
3) Downtown Las Vegas – For those who want an alternative experience than what they might find on The strip; head down south towards “Old Town” aka Downtown LV which features vintage neon signs & classic architecture plus unique attractions such as Mob Museum showcasing artifacts related crime syndicates during prohibition era America… Also don’t forget about Freemont Street Experience – home free live music concerts every night under electric sky full twinkling stars above!!!
4) Fremont Street Experience – Head downtown for this five-block pedestrian mall that features live music performances from local bands nightly along with light shows projected onto several buildings on either side making it one heckuva show!
5) Hoover Dam – Located only 30 miles away from Las Vegas proper sits Hoover Dam which has been supplying electricity throughout Nevada since 1935 thanks its massive hydroelectric power plant located within its walls; tours are available daily allowing visitors access into areas usually off limits like inside generators themselves giving them an up close look at how everything works together .
6) High Roller Ferris Wheel – Taking place atop Linq Promenade stands 550 feet tall ferris wheel offering unparalleled views over entire city below making great photo opportunity during both day/night time hours; tickets aren’t too expensive either starting around $22 per person depending upon package chosen .
No matter what type of traveler you may be; there’s no doubt that visiting these amazing locations will make your vacation even better than expected so why not plan accordingly?